A data controller has significant responsibilities under data protection regulation, these include:
- Comply with the data protection principles
- Honour the rights of the data subject
- Deliver data protection by design and by default
- Implement data protection policy and ensure colleagues understand responsibilities
- Keep records of processing activities
- Manage the transfer of data to third parties
- Ensure safeguards are in place for data transfers to third countries.
- Appoint a data protection officer (if required)
- Ensure appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place
- Manage and mitigate any risks arising from personal data processing
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority
Copyright: All information and articles provided represent the views of ProvePrivacy Limited and our contributors. They do not constitute legal or data protection advice. All rights reserved.